CAPITAL CAMPAIGN - REHAB, REBUILD, RENEW
We're renovating the edifice. It's 100 years old and has the marks of a building its age. Please consider donating to our Capital Campaign as we work to continue the legacy.
Blessed Sacrament-St. Joan of Arc Catholic Parish is looking for an individual to fill the role of Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for administrative, secretarial, and personal assistance in meeting the goals and objectives of Blessed Sacrament-St. Joan of Arc Parish.
Please review the duties and responsibilites by using this link Job Description.
100th Anniversary of the Edifice
A CELEBRATION OF THE 100TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE EDIFICE
Our Parish celebrated the 100th Anniversary of our edifice on Sunday, October 15, 2023 with a Mass celebrated by Fr. Maurice Nutt along with Fr. Damien Harris and our Pastor, Fr. Charles Andrus, SSJ. As we gathered for one Mass this weekend, parishioners were enlighted, faith filled and Holy Ghost led.
The celebration was followed by a fellowship in the Hall with food, fun and dancing for all.
To view the Mass visit our Facebook page at Blessed Sarament St. Joan of Arc.
If interested in purchasing an Anniversary shirt, please contact the Rectory 504.866.7330. Available in white, blue and gold; polo and tshirt styles.
Unable to attend in person? We invite you to celebrate and participate in the Holy Mass virtually with us. You may also share in praying with us too. Noon Time Prayer and Bible Study are shared virtually at the times indicated below. Please invite and share with others.
Noon Time Prayer
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: Noon
Conference Call- (508) 924-5792
Thursdays: 6 pm
Conference Call- (508) 924-5792
Holy Mass in the Edifice and Online
Saturdays: 4 pm
Sundays: 8 am and 10 am
Saturday Vigil: 4:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am and 10:00am Gospel Mass
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - Convent Chapel
BLACK CATHOLICS ON THE ROAD TO SAINTHOOD
ON THE ROAD TO SAINTHOOD
Visit the link for information on the following Black Catholics whose cause for canonization are being considered:
- Mother Henriette Delille
- Mother Mary Lange
- Father Augustus Tolton
- Pierre Toussaint
- Julia Greeley
SACRAMENTS & RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
BAPTISM PREPARATION CLASS
Second Saturday: 12 noon
Fourth Sunday after the 10:00am Mass
Please contact the Rectory directly six months prior to wedding date.
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
Saturday: 3:30pm - 3:50pm (or anytime by appointment)
Sunday: 9:00am - 10:00am
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION CLASSES
Sunday: 9:00am - 9:45am (Students in Grades K - 12 and adults interested in joining the Catholic Church)
Readings for the week of November 26, 2023
- Sunday: Ez 34:11-12, 15-17 / Ps 23:1-2, 2-3, 5-6 (1) / 1 Cor 15:20-26, 28 / Mt 25:31-46
- Monday: Dn 1:1-6, 8-20 / Dn 3:52, 53, 54, 55, 56 / Lk 21:1-4
- Tuesday: Dn 2:31-45 / Dn 3:57, 58, 59, 60, 61 / Lk 21:5-11
- Wednesday: Dn 5:1-6, 13-14, 16-17, 23-28 / Dn 3:62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 / Lk 21:12-19
- Thursday: Rom 10:9-18 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 / Mt 4:18-22
- Friday: Dn 7:2-14 / Dn 3:75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 / Lk 21:29-33
- Saturday: Dn 7:15-27 / Dn 3:82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 / Lk 21:34-36
- Next Sunday: Is 63:16b-17, 19b; 64:2-7 / Ps 80:2-3, 15-16, 18-19 (4) / 1 Cor 1:3-9 / Mk 13:33-37
GET OUT THE VOTE!
Check your voter status by texting VOTER to 40649
ELECTION DAY - November 18, 2023
EARLY VOTING - November 3 - 11, 2023
NEED VOTER ASSISTANCE?
ARE YOU NOLA READY?
GET READY...IT'S HURRICANE SEASON!
The information provided is NOT comprehensive but offers a summary for quick review from the City of New Orleans' NOLA Ready website. For details please visit the City of New Orleans' NOLA Ready website at https://ready.nola.gov/home/
- Understand your flood risk
- Clean your property and street
- Insure your property
- Secure your home
SHELTER IN PLACE
If a mandatory evacuation is not ordered, decide whether to evacuate or to shelter in place.
- Gather what you'll need to shelter in place
- Prepare for power and water outages
- Stay safe and informed
If the City of New Orleans orders a mandatory evacuation. all residents and visitors must leave.
- Gather what you will need to leave
- Leave as early as possible
- Reminder that we are still enduring the COVID-19 pandemic and remember to
- Practice social distancing
- Wear a face covering
- Wash hands often
- Disinfect high-touch surfaces regularly
If you can't evacuate or need assistance during a mandatory evacuation, the City of New Orleans can help. Text EVACNOLA to 888777 if you need assistance. The City of New Orleans will text information directly to you if there is a mandatory evacuation.