ARCHDIOCESE BANKRUPTCY MESSAGE
The bankruptcy court in case number 20-10846 pending in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana has set a deadline of March 1, 2021 to file a Sexual Abuse Proof of Claim in the Archdiocese of New Orleans Bankruptcy. A Sexual Abuse Proof of Claim form may be found at: www.NolaChurchclaims.com
The bankruptcy court in case number 20-10846 pending in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana has set a deadline of November 30, 2020 to file a General Proof of Claim in the Archdiocese of New Orleans Bankruptcy. A General Proof of Claim form may be found at: https://www.donlinrecano.com/Clients/rcano/Static/BDPOC
MASS OF CHRISTIAN BURIAL
Mass of Christian Burial of Mr. Ronald T. Lee
May 20, 1937 - March 25, 2021
Friday, April 9, 2021
Visitation: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Mass of Christian Burial: 10:00 a.m.
COVID 19 - MEAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
COVID - 19 MEAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
"The City of New Orleans will provide a COVID-19 Meal Assistance Program, a cost-sharing collaboration with FEMA to qualifying residents. Meals will be provided to a range of vulnerable residents impacted by COVID-19, including high-risk health adults, residents with special medical needs, homeless residents, homebound seniors, and families with children 18 and under who are not receiving other federally supported food assistance. A vendor partnering with local restaurants will provide meals for this program for 30 days." NOLA.GOV
Visit the City's website at this link Meal Assistance Program
This week's Mass Celebration may be seen here, on Facebook, by clicking this link Mass Celebration Facebook or on our YouTube Channel, BSSJA Parish New Orleans.
God's Peace and Blessings Always.
MASS SIGN UP
PUBLIC MASSES RESUME WITH LIMITED RE-ENTRY
We are returning to the edifice, with limited re-entry, for public Masses beginning Saturday, July 4, 2020. The Church has been professionally sanitized and disinfected prior to our re-entry. For your safety and peace of mind, we will also provide wipes so that you may personally wipe your space before and after use. Please remember that the safety of your and your family's personal health is of utmost importance. However, with all the proper and well-thought preparations, the Church cannot guarantee that you will not get sick. Please make safe and well-informed decisions. Please be safe.
MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING.
Please use the link at the top of the page "MASS SIGN UP" for instructions and sign up.
GET OUT THE VOTE!
Check your voter status by texting VOTER to 40649
Primary is scheduled for March 20, 2021.
General Election is scheduled for April 24, 2021 if needed.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER
Deadline to register to vote in person and by mail is February 17, 2021.
Deadline to register to vote online is February 27, 2021 on the Geaux Vote website at GeauxVote.com - https://voterportal.sos.la.gov
VOTE BY MAIL AND ABSENTEE VOTING
Request your ballots NOW at https://voterportal.sos.la.gov/ .
Deadline to request an absentee ballot by mail is March 16, 2021. Please consider placing your request early.
Voted absentee ballots are due into the Registers' Office by 4:30 p.m. on March 19, 2021.
Visit GeauxVote.com - https://www.sos.la.gov/electionsandvoting/pages/default.aspx
Early voting dates are March 6 - 13, 2021, excluding Sundays, 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Early Voting sites:
- City Hall - 1300 Perdido Street, Room 1W24
- Algiers Courthouse - 225 Morgan Street, Room 105
- Chef Menteur Voting Machine Warehouse Site - 8870 Chef Menteur Highway
- Lake Vista Community Center - 6500 Spanish Fort Boulevard
NEED VOTER ASSISTANCE?
BLACK CATHOLICS ON THE ROAD TO SAINTHOOD
Visit the link for information on the following Black Catholics whose cause for canonization are being considered:
- Mother Henriette Delille
- Mother Mary Lange
- Father Augustus Tolton
- Pierre Toussaint
- Julia Greeley
While we are apart, we invite you to celebrate and participate in the Holy Mass, Rosary, Noon Time Prayer and Bible Study with us virtually. Please invite and share with others.
Noon Time Prayer
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: Noon
Conference Call- (508) 924-5792
Mondays: 6 pm
Conference Call- (508) 924-5792
Thursdays: 6 pm
Conference Call- (508) 924-5792
Holy Mass Online
Sundays: 10 am
Saturday Vigil: 4:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am (Suspended until further notice) and 10:00am
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - Convent Chapel
ARE YOU NOLA READY?
GET READY...IT'S HURRICANE SEASON!
The information provided is NOT comprehensive but offers a summary for quick review from the City of New Orleans' NOLA Ready website. For details please visit the City of New Orleans' NOLA Ready website at https://ready.nola.gov/home/
- Understand your flood risk
- Clean your property and street
- Insure your property
- Secure your home
SHELTER IN PLACE
If a mandatory evacuation is not ordered, decide whether to evacuate or to shelter in place.
- Gather what you'll need to shelter in place
- Prepare for power and water outages
- Stay safe and informed
If the City of New Orleans orders a mandatory evacuation. all residents and visitors must leave.
- Gather what you will need to leave
- Leave as early as possible
- Reminder that we are still enduring the COVID-19 pandemic and remember to
- Practice social distancing
- Wear a face covering
- Wash hands often
- Disinfect high-touch surfaces regularly
If you can't evacuate or need assistance during a mandatory evacuation, the City of New Orleans can help. Text EVACNOLA to 888777 if you need assistance. The City of New Orleans will text information directly to you if there is a mandatory evacuation.
SACRAMENTS & RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
BAPTISM PREPARATION CLASS
Second Saturday: 12 noon
Fourth Sunday after the 10:00am Mass
Please contact the Rectory directly six months prior to wedding date.
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
Saturday: 3:30pm - 3:50pm (or anytime by appointment)
Sunday: 9:00am - 10:00am
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION CLASSES
Sunday: 9:00am - 9:45am (Students in Grades K - 12 and adults interested in joining the Catholic Church)
Readings for the week of May 9, 2021
- Sunday: Acts 10:25-26, 34-35, 44-48 / Ps 98:1, 2-3, 3-4 [cf. 2b] / 1 Jn 4:7-10 / Jn 15:9-17
- Monday: Acts 16:11-15 / Ps 149:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6a and 9b [cf. 4a] / Jn 15:26—16:4a
- Tuesday: Acts 16:22-34 / Ps 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8 [7c] / Jn 16:5-11
- Wednesday: Acts 17:15, 22—18:1 / Ps 148:1-2, 11-12, 13, 14 / Jn 16:12-15
- Thursday: Acts 18:1-8 / Ps 98:1, 2-3ab, 3cd-4 [cf. 2b] / Jn 16:16-20 Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20
- Friday: Acts 1:15-17, 20-26 / Ps 113:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8  / Jn 15:9-17
- Saturday: Acts 18:23-28 / Ps 47:2-3, 8-10, 10 [8a] / Jn 16:23b-28
- Next Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20 Seventh Sunday of Easter: Acts 1:15-17, 20a, 20c-26 / Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20 [19a] / 1 Jn 4:11-16 / Jn 17:11b-19