ARCHDIOCESE BANKRUPTCY MESSAGE
The bankruptcy court in case number 20-10846 pending in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana has set a deadline of March 1, 2021 to file a Sexual Abuse Proof of Claim in the Archdiocese of New Orleans Bankruptcy. A Sexual Abuse Proof of Claim form may be found at: www.NolaChurchclaims.com
The bankruptcy court in case number 20-10846 pending in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana has set a deadline of November 30, 2020 to file a General Proof of Claim in the Archdiocese of New Orleans Bankruptcy. A General Proof of Claim form may be found at: https://www.donlinrecano.com/Clients/rcano/Static/BDPOC
Mass of Christian Burial of Mrs. Geraldine A. Small
June 1, 2021 at 89 years young
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Visitation: 9:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
Mass of Christian Burial: 11:00 a.m.
This week's Mass Celebration may be seen here, on Facebook, by clicking this link Mass Celebration Facebook or on our YouTube Channel, BSSJA Parish New Orleans.
God's Peace and Blessings Always.
GET OUT THE VOTE!
Check your voter status by texting VOTER to 40649
Special Election to fill the vacancy in 7th Senatorial District is scheduled for June 12, 2021.
NEED VOTER ASSISTANCE?
BLACK CATHOLICS ON THE ROAD TO SAINTHOOD
Visit the link for information on the following Black Catholics whose cause for canonization are being considered:
- Mother Henriette Delille
- Mother Mary Lange
- Father Augustus Tolton
- Pierre Toussaint
- Julia Greeley
Unable to attend in person? We invite you to celebrate and participate in the Holy Mass virtually with us. You may also share in praying with us too. Noon Time Prayer and Bible Study are shared virtually at the times indicated below. Please invite and share with others.
Noon Time Prayer
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: Noon
Conference Call- (508) 924-5792
Thursdays: 6 pm
Conference Call- (508) 924-5792
Holy Mass in the Edifice and Online
Saturdays: 4 pm
Sundays: 8 am and 10 am
Saturday Vigil: 4:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am and 10:00am Gospel Mass
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - Convent Chapel
ARE YOU NOLA READY?
GET READY...IT'S HURRICANE SEASON!
The information provided is NOT comprehensive but offers a summary for quick review from the City of New Orleans' NOLA Ready website. For details please visit the City of New Orleans' NOLA Ready website at https://ready.nola.gov/home/
- Understand your flood risk
- Clean your property and street
- Insure your property
- Secure your home
SHELTER IN PLACE
If a mandatory evacuation is not ordered, decide whether to evacuate or to shelter in place.
- Gather what you'll need to shelter in place
- Prepare for power and water outages
- Stay safe and informed
If the City of New Orleans orders a mandatory evacuation. all residents and visitors must leave.
- Gather what you will need to leave
- Leave as early as possible
- Reminder that we are still enduring the COVID-19 pandemic and remember to
- Practice social distancing
- Wear a face covering
- Wash hands often
- Disinfect high-touch surfaces regularly
If you can't evacuate or need assistance during a mandatory evacuation, the City of New Orleans can help. Text EVACNOLA to 888777 if you need assistance. The City of New Orleans will text information directly to you if there is a mandatory evacuation.
SACRAMENTS & RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
BAPTISM PREPARATION CLASS
Second Saturday: 12 noon
Fourth Sunday after the 10:00am Mass
Please contact the Rectory directly six months prior to wedding date.
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
Saturday: 3:30pm - 3:50pm (or anytime by appointment)
Sunday: 9:00am - 10:00am
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION CLASSES
Sunday: 9:00am - 9:45am (Students in Grades K - 12 and adults interested in joining the Catholic Church)
Readings for the week of August 1, 2021
- Sunday: Ex 16:2-4, 12-15 / Ps 78:3-4, 23-24, 25, 54 [24b] / Eph 4:17, 20-24 / Jn 6:24-35
- Monday: Nm 11:4b-15 / Ps 81:12-13, 14-15, 16-17 [2a] / Mt 14:13-21
- Tuesday: Nm 12:1-13 / Ps 51:3-4, 5-6ab, 6cd-7, 12-13 [cf. 3a] / Mt 14:22-36 or
- Mt 15: 1-2, 10-14
- Wednesday: Nm 13:1-2, 25—14:1, 26-29a, 34-35 / Ps 106:6-7ab, 13-14, 21-22, 23 [4a] / http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/080521.cfm
- Mt 15: 21-28
- Thursday: Nm 20:1-13 / Ps 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9  / Mt 16:13-23
- Friday: Dn 7:9-10, 13-14 / Ps 97:1-2, 5-6, 9 [1a and 9a] / 2 Pt 1:16-19 / Mk 9:2-10
- Saturday: Dn 6:4-13 / Ps 18: 28, 3-4. 47 and 51 / Mk 17:14-20
- Next Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:4-8 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [9a] / Eph 4:30—5:2 / Jn 6:41-51